The King Arts Complex provides quality educational programming for 175 students annually with a scientifically-based curriculum that fosters youth engagement and supports academic success in and outside of the classroom.
Youth Education Program
Connecting Hundreds of Children to Award-Winning Educational Opportunities
The King Arts Complex offers professional quality performing arts opportunities for students studying dance, music, and theater. Students are encouraged to express themselves, emphasizing creativity and experimentation through age-appropriate projects, themes and skills. Performing opportunities include recitals, theater productions, and community performances.
- Youth Arts Camps include Winter Camp and Spring Camp.
- Instruction by professional artists in dance, theater, music, visual art, and literature. Field trips and meals provided.
- Dates follow Columbus City Schools Calendar.
- 8 week, day long program that explore the themes from The Black Arts Movement (BAM).
- BAM called for the creation of poetry, novels, visual arts, and theater to reflect pride in black history and culture.
- Participants of the Summer Arts Camp will be exposed to the artists and art forms of this era.